Better. When It Counts.
Cummins is the world's largest independent diesel engine manufacturer and is a major supplier to defense agencies around the world. Large numbers of Cummins-powered units are currently in active service supporting a wide variety of equipment, from logistic trucks to heavy artillery.
Over $400 million is invested annually in research and engineering to maintain technology leadership across a power band extending all the way to 675 hp. With engine manufacturing in 8 countries and over 6,500 support locations worldwide, Cummins has evolved into a truly international company. That's why Cummins is in so many military applications around the world. The B/ISBe series engines alone are in service in over 30,000 pieces of military equipment worldwide.
Cummins engines supply power for every type of military application:
- Wheeled and tracked combat vehicles
- Logistic vehicles
- Naval propulsion and auxiliaries
- Multi-megawatt generator sets
Features of the defense lineup include:
- Power ratings ranging from 128 to 675 hp.
- Able to meet military requirements for durability with no need for re-engineering.
- Smart self-protection systems preventing engine wear from cold starting, overheating or excessive idling.
- Significant installation advantages through high power output and compact envelopes releasing valuable internal space and aiding payload.
- Extended service intervals and reduced maintenance requirements.
- Compatible with a wide range of military fuels, including NATO F-34 & F-54, JET A-1, JP-8 and AVTUR.
- After treatment system option in conjunction with high sulphur fuels.
Cummins delivers every engine you need, wherever you need it.
To learn more about Cummins defense engines, contact a local Cummins Eastern Canada representative or visit our engine specification library by clicking the button below.